Friday, March 16, 2012

A Letter to My Art

Dearest Art,

I've been neglecting you lately. You've been cast aside for many reasons, one of which is Freelance, which frankly my dear, pays a little better than you. Don't fret. You are my first love. You may frustrate me at times, being the illusive ethereal, fickle you that you are, but nothing like Freelance. You release me, you relax me, and you let me be as expressive and out there as I wish.

You quietly wait for me to express the ideas and images circling around in my noggin while I wait for Photoshop to save a file the size of New Mexico. You don't judge—you just let it happen when I'm there to pick up the reins. You don't crash when I have too many paintings going at once and you never just freeze up for no reason.

Know that I miss you and hope it snows like hell this weekend so that once through my chores we can spend some time in the studio together.

Love,
Me

PS. I do have something new to show you all, but I haven't had a chance to photograph it yet. Stay tuned.

S

No comments: